PDA

View Full Version : Mac xbox'ers?

dappy
04-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Just wondering if anyone is an xbox afficionado (sp?) I know that people have gotten Mac os X to run on an xbox:look (http://www.google.com/search?q=mac+os+x+on+xbox&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial) . So just think want some enterprising people could do with xbox 2 (or Xenon or next or nextbox or whatever) since it is going to be running 3!! PowerPC's and the graphics card is supposed to blow away everything on the market right now. Maybe a cheap way to harvest some g5 processors once the price comes down? But I guess by then Apple will be on g7 (or some other fast-tastic proccessor)

Twelve Motion
04-10-2005, 07:25 AM
I own an Xbox :-/

Caius
04-10-2005, 07:40 AM
I would never own an Xbox, and thats from the usability of it, not the maker of it!

I find the controller hard to use, and its a larger console than my small playstation two. I guess I'm just too attached to my ps2. :)

iKwak
04-11-2005, 10:17 PM
I love XBox due to the hardware option that the user can add.

Twelve Motion
04-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Xbox live is pretty nice too.

hitsuzen
04-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Just wondering if anyone is an xbox afficionado (sp?) I know that people have gotten Mac os X to run on an xbox:look (http://www.google.com/search?q=mac+os+x+on+xbox&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial) . So just think want some enterprising people could do with xbox 2 (or Xenon or next or nextbox or whatever) since it is going to be running 3!! PowerPC's and the graphics card is supposed to blow away everything on the market right now. Maybe a cheap way to harvest some g5 processors once the price comes down? But I guess by then Apple will be on g7 (or some other fast-tastic proccessor)

I didn't know that, does that mean the xbox2 developer workstation might
turn out to be a PowerMac G5? or that you can somehow install OS X on
the xbox2? curious to know if it's the same 970 chips as the ones found
in current PowerMacs.

Twelve Motion
04-12-2005, 04:34 AM
The next Xbox will officially be called Xbox 360. Just fyi.

FireWired
04-13-2005, 06:31 PM
:D My Xbox froze on me a while ago. (Playing Halo 2 too!) It didn't surprise me though.. It is a Microsoft product after all. At least I didn't get a blue screen of death.