PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Transcend brand RAM please?

GavinBKK
04-08-2005, 03:40 AM
Hi All,

Looking to up the RAM a bit and the Apple stores here in Thailand all seem have Transcend brand RAM.

Anyone have experience with it either way?

Thanks

Gav.

K1W1
04-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Transcend is a very reputible brand in Australia. As long as it's legit that you buy (not pirate copy stuff) you should be okay.

GavinBKK
04-08-2005, 07:03 AM
G'day K1W1,

Thanks mate. The particular retailer that I go to here is probably the most respected in Thailand - I know guys who come up here from Malaysia to use them, so I am confident that it will be pukka, I just didn't know the brand; the price of a Gig is $282 (USD), as opposed to the Crucial boys, who are asking $365 plus postage. Big price difference AND it's on the doorstep and not an expensive phone call and a wait away.

They also have one of the most gorgeous birds in the whole bloody world behind the counter (unattached - not that I was that interested....) and I would buy there just to go see her! :-)

Raven
04-08-2005, 08:20 AM
lolll... Then I guess youre getting a two for one :D A nice view and good hardware !
Just a note... Crucial RAM, is more expensive that what Transcient offers mainly because they offer RAM mostly aimed at overclocking with agressive timings and with very high availability... Basically, its a Porche where you can actually go at the same speed with a nice Camry... It CAN go faster, but your still suck with local speed limits... :D

jnd3
04-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Yah, you should be fine with Transcend memory (and the eye candy is never a bad extra). I have a 512MB stick in my PowerBook, and a 512MB stick in my wife's iBook and both work like a champ.

GavinBKK
04-18-2005, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the info chaps, much appreciated.

I'll go and see her, er, um, I mean go buy some tomorrow then....
:-)
Gav.

:D