PDA

View Full Version : PB Cases

j0nheck
04-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm doing a marketing project for a class and am trying to compare two PB cases (Sleeves). Has anyone used an AcmeMade or Tucano case? What were your thoughts?
For people with other cases, what do you like about your cases? What do you hate?

fat elvis
04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I've been happy with my Acme Case...I had an inCase sleave before that worked well, but started to fall apart after a year. Never used Tucano.

CAlvarez
04-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I normally use a Targus case that holds the 17" PB and a LOT of other stuff, but it's very space-efficient. I think the model is called "Commuter." What I like is that I can carry a lot of stuff in a compact form, so I always have anything I need, including a fold-away water bottle/drink holder (the little things that make a traveler happy). What I dislike is the weight when full, but obviously they can't fix that. What makes it unique (and I literally spent a full working day shopping for cases), is the efficiency and sheer number of the pockets and holders for things. Everything is held in place, but all the pockets are well organized and are very thin. Too many cases with a lot of pockets use thick material and the case is huge even when empty. Also many pockets are illogical in other cases, and not very useful. Another important detail...this case has large, sturdy plastic feet so the case stands up with 100% reliability.

I have an Incase sling for the 12", which I like a lot. I hate the fact they don't make one to fit the 17". The sling is comfy, but doesn't hold enough other stuff. Basically the PB, power, mouse, iSight, and a couple cables. If my Targus case's capacity was combined with the sling's comfort and weight-bearing ability, I'd be in heaven.

Twelve Motion
04-04-2005, 05:26 PM
I have the 17" inCase and I am really happy with it. It's very sleek and leather and fits perfectly. You can't put much other stuff in it, but I don't need to put more then a power cord and mouse in there. Sometimes I want to take my keyboard also but I put that in a different bag when I need it. It's served me well for a good 6 months now.

cudaboy_71
04-04-2005, 06:06 PM
For people with other cases, what do you like about your cases? What do you hate?

i use a willow design slyph case (http://www.willowdesign.com/SC-18.html). i got this one for my 12" iBook several years ago. it's still close enough in size to protect my 12"pb which is slightly smaller in all dimensions.

i like it for several reasons:

it's a top loader: i keep the sleeve in my backpack and can just slip it in without even opening my pack zipper all the way.

it has superb cushioning: i've not felt a sleeve with more padding without bulking up significantly.

no/little storage space: actually a plus for me. i use this almost exclusively with my backpack. if i need to store power bricks, cords, etc. i use the pack's pockets. the sleeve is just a sleeve.

good construction: i've thrashed this thing daily for years--thru airports, my daily work commute; not a thread has broken on the thing. it's probably good for another 5 years easy.

i've dropped my pack more than once on to very hard surfaces. no damage to the 'book--yet.

i do wish the top flap would come off...it's usually in the way. funny, i bought it over the sfbags sleeve at the time because it HAD the flap while the sfbags did not for the same cost.

dcsaron
04-04-2005, 10:06 PM
I have a ZeroShock Sleeve for my 15 inch PB... this is such a great thing for $30, and it fits like a THICK squishy wetsuit. It's always on or, at the very least, under my PB. http://shinza.com/product_info.php?products_id=46

The PB w/sleeve goes into my Incase bag (I took the velcroed-in edge padding out and it fits perfectly!) If I need to take more gear I feel very secure using just the ZeroShock in any structured bag.

staypuft
04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
For people with other cases, what do you like about your cases? What do you hate?I have the Kensington 15" contour case.
http://www.kensington.com/html/4135.html
I like the contoured shape of it and the stretchy strap, they make for a very comfortable carrying combination. It fits the 15" PowerBook like a glove, has room for all of my papers, mouse pad, mouse, all of my cables (USB, FireWire, Ethernet, Power block and extended cord, video cables, stereo y adapter, head phones), a couple of DVDs (in cases), and it has a handy ticket pocket for when I'm flying. The only thing I don't like is that the handles don't always lock together properly on the first try... but it's a minor issue for me.