PDA

View Full Version : CUSeeMe Source code?

macfreak2004
03-18-2005, 11:40 AM

Specifically, he was having a problem with CUseeme (video conferencing software) not sending any video. Well, I went right to the source, and launched CUseeme.

hello i try to find the old CUSEEME client source
because i like to develop a new free client for all plattforms

any hints would be greatly appreciated

cuseeme documentary page (http://www.cuseeme.de)
Large picture link (http://www.lettv.de/images/cu.jpg)

regards from germany :eek:

Reason for moderator edit: removed huge picture

cwtnospam
03-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Almost twenty years ago I was working in a small company that had a mini computer that ran Unix and had the capability to support up to 16 VT100 terminals.
I was responsible for maintaining the system, but the owner's son also worked there and he thought he knew what he was doing. One day he noticed that one of the subdirectories had files named tty01 through tty16. That made sense to him, but he couldn't understand why there was a file called tty. Now, the entire hard drive was only 80MB. We were always looking to save space, but this file was only a few k, and it sure looked like a system file to me, so I told him to leave it.

About ten minutes later he came back and said he deleted the file! I immediately went to my terminal, hit the keyboard to see if it would respond and it did, so I felt relieved. I had forgotten that the terminal had a buffer and didn't comunicate with the computer until you pressed the enter key.

A few minutes later, the calls started coming in: "Why can't I log in?" It took the rest of the day to get the system up and running again. That same system was controling orders that went out to the factory floor, so nothing got produced or shipped that day. Several hundred man hours were lost, but his father still kept him on the payroll. He did lose his root access for a few months though!

macfreak2004
03-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Several hundred man hours were lost, but his father still kept him on the payroll. He did lose his root access for a few months though!

hello thank you for your reply

are you talking about CUSEEME or qVIX / CU30 ?

i am confused :rolleyes:

thank you

voldenuit
03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
You look confused indeed.

Would you most kindly refrain from posting with big pictures and wildy off-topic.

Thank you.

macfreak2004
03-18-2005, 06:31 PM
You look confused indeed.

Would you most kindly refrain from posting with big pictures and wildy off-topic.

Thank you.

hmmm i just read this

Specifically, he was having a problem with CUseeme (video conferencing software) not sending any video. Well, I went right to the source, and launched CUseeme.

and i thought that someone could help

sorry for posting

cheers

yellow
03-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Hello,

This thread (well, the thread this was originally part of) is QUITE old and really has nothing to do with CUseeMe.

Could you please either reduce the size of your linked picture, or simple make it a URL link that people can follow if they like? Please remember no everyone has broadband..

I will split the old and the new posts into a new Thread. Please look for it in "OS X Developer".

yellow