PDA

View Full Version : Apple finally got me!?!

nekogami13
03-08-2005, 12:30 AM
I made the deadly mistake of walking into a computer store to check out software. Innocently enough I stopped to look at the Mac display-saw a 1ghz 14" ibook on sale for $699.
How could I resist a $700 notebook?
Even if it was a Mac(no offense intended, I was firmly a Windows person).

Really starting to like it, except for an airport extreme issue.

Looking forward to learning alot from everyone here.
Promise I won't start bothering everyone with silly questions at least for another couple of days.

G5from128k
03-08-2005, 04:51 AM
Welcome to MacOSXHints. Enjoy your new iBook.

mkoreiwo
03-08-2005, 06:20 AM
I too was a Win PC user, and at work still am... no choice.

With the introduction of OS 10, I began to slide into the Mac world. Outside of a few apps I really liked, I find the Mac OS a better performing system - aside from gaming.

I hope you can put it to use.

schneb
03-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Dittos to the above with me as well.

You will really find that Mac shines on certain application tasks. Windows shines on others. I am very pleased to be cross-platform. I do most of my right-brained stuff on the Mac, and most of my left-brain stuff on the PC.

There will be a few things that frustrate you. You will hear yourself saying, why can't they just do it like "this". For example, the lack of a right-click. But there are work arounds to get you what you need, just give us a post.

cameranerd74
03-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Try posting some of your 'Airport issues' in the Networking forum on this site. It's amazing how much knowledge there is on this site.