PDA

View Full Version : Cannot copy files from 2nd hard drive to external drive

Robg264
02-20-2005, 04:09 PM
I have some mp3's I copied from my CD to a folder on my 2nd drive on my mac. Now I'm trying to copy them to an external drive I have hooked up via USB. I tried dragging and dropping and copy/paste to no avail.

I get this message in which I have search the web for a solution and no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

"The selected items cannot all be put into the same location, because at least one of them named "Name of Song.mp3" is busy."

I get this message if I try to do a one file copy as well.

Thank you again.

weltonch777
02-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Can you..

A. Copy a single MP3 file from your second hard drive to your first?

B. Copy ANY file from your first hard drive to you USB device?

C. Copy ANY non MP3 file from your second hard drive to your USB device?

Baby steps can help tell you where it's going wrong.

Chris

Robg264
02-20-2005, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=weltonch777]Can you..

Yes, just tried doing a single copy, went through fine. Just dragged and dropped 10 files and no problem there either.

Yes, just transfered a 450MB file from Main Drive to the USB External Drive, no problem.

Yes, just transferred 3 gigs of data from the 2nd drive to the USB External drive, no problem.

I just copied and pasted the folder from the 2nd drive to the boot drive and it went through fine. I then tried to copy the files from the boot drive to the USB external drive and I got that same busy message.

Robg264
02-20-2005, 11:33 PM

Yes

Yes

Yes

I was also able to copy that Mp3 folder from the 2nd drive to the main drive. I tried copying the mp3 folder from the main drive to the USB drive and I got that same error message.

Now I copied the folder itself from the 2nd drive to the USB drive and it copied. Weird. However, what I want to do is move them files out of their and put it into the main Mp3 folder on the USB drive and I get the busy error message.