PDA

View Full Version : Apple script for cyberduck

saurya_s
02-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Hi
Does anybody has an applescript which connects cyberduck to a server automatically when launced. Otherwise One has to ask it to connect to the server name from the bookamrk menu.
Thanks
S

Raven
02-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Some thing like this could work...

Tell application Cyberduck"
open URL "ftp://username:password@server address"
end tell

Then save your script as an app and double click on it when you wanna startup Cyberduck with that URL opened... Sad that cyberduck does not have a Script menu though...
PS: I figured that you could do such calls to Cyberduck by looking at the script examples that come with the download.

saurya_s
02-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Sorry, I haven't got any clue of apple script but got to know from somebody that is duable. can you please instruct me stepwise plz.
Thanks
S

Raven
02-04-2005, 09:55 AM
No problem, I'll be glad to !

So, open the Script Editor which you should normally have in the Applications folder.
Copy the example script I posted in a new script window (normally one opens automatically when you start the program).
Replace the username and password words with your actually user name and password for the FTP you want to connect to.
After the @ sign, type in the server address you would normally type in the URL field in Cyberduck after ftp://
Once all your info is ok, click on the Run button at the top of the script window and it will try running it. If Cyberduck comes up properly and opens your ftp, then all is perfect !
Then, save the file as as cript to where ever you wish
Once thats done, go to Save As, choose Application as File Format from the drop down menu , uncheck Startup screen, Check Run only and make sure Stay open is unchecked. Also, make sure to show the Extension for the file.
Once thats saved, you can add it to your startup items even if you wish, or put it in the Dock for pratical use.

saurya_s
02-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Wicked, very nice, work like a charm. I guess you forgot the first inverted comma before cyberduck.
So, where do you geeks store your scripts? Just trying to be organized!!
Thanks a ton.

Raven
02-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Personnaly, I went for a duh duh storage solution... I Created a folder called Scripts in Documents and save the script versions there. Then I put the app versions of the scripts in the Applications folder I already had in my user folder. (If you don't have one, simply go to the root of your user folder and create a new folder called Applications, with exactly the same spelling as the main Applications folder and you will see that that folder will even gain the Apps fiolder icon..> And thats how you get an Applications folder for apps that you want to install for your account only (I do this alot with admin tools.

saurya_s
02-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Ok, thanks a lot.
S