PDA

View Full Version : Important iPod Shuffle WARNING

ShavenYak
01-12-2005, 08:36 AM
From the Apple Site (http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/):

Music capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128Kbps AAC encoding.
Do not eat iPod shuffle.
Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries (http://www.apple.com/batteries/) for more information.
Some computers require either the optional iPod shuffle Dock or a USB cable extender (sold separately).

amarillo
01-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Not only shouldn't you eat it, but in the UK, we're told to not even try chewing it.

Apple UK Site (http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodshuffle/)

manic_mouse
01-12-2005, 02:37 PM
thats brilliant... im almost tempted to buy one and eat and/or chew it

acme.mail.order
01-12-2005, 10:04 PM
These have been around for a while:

On a Sears hair dryer:
Do not use while sleeping.
(Gee, that's the only time I have to work on my hair!)

On a bag of Fritos:
You could be a winner! No purchase necessary.
Details inside.
(The shoplifter special!)

On a bar of Dial soap:
Directions: Use like regular soap.
(and that would be .. how??)

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert:
(printed on the bottom of the box) -- Do not turn upside down.
(Too late! You lose!)

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:
Product will be hot after heating.
(Are you sure???)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron:
Do not iron clothes on body.
(But wouldn't that save more time???)

On Boot's Children's cough medicine:
Do not drive car or operate machinery.
(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we just kept those 5 year olds off those fork lifts!)

On Nytol sleep aid:
Warning: may cause drowsiness.
(One would hope!)

On a Korean kitchen knife:
Warning: Keep out of children.
(Or pets! What's for dinner?)

On a string of Chinese-made Christmas lights:
For indoor or outdoor use only.
(As opposed to outer space or underground?)

On a Japanese food processor:
Not to be used for the other use.
(Hmmmm, now I'm curious)

On Sainsbury's peanuts:
Warning: contains nuts.
(no comment)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts:
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.
(what is going on here?)

On a Swedish chainsaw:
Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals.
(as if you try to stop *anything* with your genitals -- clearly the favorite of the list)

On a child's superman costume:
Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.
(Way to destroy a universal childhood fantasy

styrafome
01-12-2005, 10:24 PM
The only reason that IPshuffle warning is there is because they have a picture of it next to some sticks of gum. It's a reference to the picture. I'm sure that warning won't be in the box.

VertigoMac319
01-13-2005, 12:30 AM
acme.... that just had me in stitches!! HAHAHA

ShavenYak
01-13-2005, 08:07 AM
On Sainsbury's peanuts:
Warning: contains nuts.
(no comment)

The funniest thing about that one is that technically, a peanut is a bean, not a nut. However, they can cause the same kind of allergies as nuts, hence the warning labels.

You actually can thank lawyers, not stupid people, for most of these warnings. ( ... waiting for some joker to ask, "What's the difference?" ... )

CAlvarez
01-13-2005, 11:39 AM
I had a pager a long time ago that came with this warning in the manual:
WARNING: DO NOT eat the battery door.

styrafome
01-13-2005, 10:49 PM
You actually can thank lawyers, not stupid people, for most of these warnings.

That's actually true. The warnings are easy to translate. I do it automatically now when I see one.

For example:
"Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

Translation:
Somebody tried to stop the chain by holding the saw against their crotch, it didn't work, and they sued the company because the instructions didn't say not to do that, so now there's a warning.

cwtnospam
01-14-2005, 12:47 AM
One summer day as I was pulling into a parking space my wife was getting the windshield sun screen ready. I noticed the warning: "Do not use while driving" and said to my wife, "What kind of idiot would do that?"

Just as we left the car, two women were getting out of theirs. One saw the shade and asked her friend, "What's that?" The answer came back, "That's to keep the sun from heating the car." The first woman became incredulous. "But how do you see?" She said. Her friend was stunned, but not as shocked as we were.

I guess some of those warnings actually do save some lives. Scary, but the shuffle warning may not be all joke.

styrafome
01-14-2005, 01:37 AM
"But how do you see?"

And that is why spam will always be a problem, because there will always be a significant enough percentage of the population who will open it, and order the product, or enter their personal information into the form.

CAlvarez
01-14-2005, 03:25 AM
Oh yeah. An employee at a company I consult for asked me for digital camera advice the other day while I was there. I recommended a mid-line Canon that sells for $250-ish to meet her needs. An hour later she proudly told me how she was going to get one free...by referring 10 friends, and filling out all these offers, and getting a new credit card, and a Netflix account, and........