PDA

View Full Version : Safari: Hide/Show all toolbars?

derektom
01-12-2005, 08:32 AM
In Safari, is there a keyboard shortcut to hide/show all toolbars (equivalent to Internet Explorer for Mac's "Collapse Toolbars"/Command-B)? This comes in real handy especially when viewing online photo galleries.

Thanks,
Derek

Las_Vegas
01-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Unfortunately, no. There is a 3 step process that will hide/show all except the tabs. Tabs are turned on and off in preferences and can be set to hide if only one is in use.

The 3 steps:

Command-| (Command-Shift-\) = Hide/Show Address Bar
Command-B = Hide/Show Personal Bookmarks
Command-/ = Hide/Show Status Bar (At bottom)

bramley
01-12-2005, 06:12 PM
As LV says there's no built-in keyboard shortcut.

But, the following bookmarklet:-

javascript:window.open(self.location,"_blank","titlebar=0");

will open a new window in your browser with the already displayed url but without the toolbar, status bar etc.

If you paste the above bookmarklet into the Bookmarks Bar, it should appear at the top of the window (assuming Bookmarks Bar menu option is selected.)

And items in the Bookmarks Bar can be executed by pressing Cmd-? (where ? is in the range 1-9) i.e if you have only the above bookmarklet in the BB press Cmd-1 to execute the bookmarklet. If the bookmarklet is the third item from the left then press Cmd-3 and .... you get the picture.

Once you've finished close the window, and you're back to normal operation.

Las_Vegas
01-12-2005, 06:38 PM
That's pretty sweet bramley! I put it in the 1st position of my personal bookmarks and named it 'kiosk' so Command-1 does the trick. :)

kadis
01-12-2005, 07:51 PM
When I need a full screen browser I use iBrowser (http://www.frontiernet.net/~artistz/products/), it's free, looks nice, and works fairly well. It can put a browser on your desktop (not sure why one would want to do that) and it can default to full-screen if you tell it to. It of course has its bugs but hey, its free. ;)