PDA

View Full Version : iDVD: How do you add movie to DVD Map?

thendis
09-21-2004, 03:11 AM
Hello!

I am trying to create my first DVD movie with iDVD but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to add my movie to the DVD.

I have chosen the Transparent Blue theme, so all i have on the DVD Map is the autoplay movie and the main menu. This program is so simple and otherwise extremely easy and logical, but i cannot seem to add an active Play Movie button that links to the main movie?!

Surely I am completeky stupid and it is something really easy. I assumed dragging the movie to the Map would add it, but no luck.

I am an expert at complex programs such as PhotoSHop and 3D Studio Max...yet I cannot add a movie to iDVD!!!! What's wrong with me?

Thanks for the help :)

staypuft
09-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I recently tried iDVD and I too was disappointed with Map View. I wanted to drag clips in like you do, but you have to view the menu screen and drag your clip onto it. Then it will make a menu button (named the same thing as your movie file) and add your movie to the Map View coming off of the menu screen.

thendis
09-21-2004, 10:48 AM
oooooooooooooOOOOooo I get it now!

geez that is dumb. I mean, it's good as an alternative, but it should have more than one way to import a movie.

I tried dragging it into the menu, but that replaced th ebackground so i gave up. Didin;t realise I should have tried a second time... lol

I remember it took me aaaages to figure out how to export video from iMovie, simply because I was looking for a menu item called "export", but instead the item was called "share"

sorry, but who was the putz who thought that was a logical name for such an action?!?!

well, it was a simple answer, but nonetheless you are my hero!

yellow
09-21-2004, 11:03 AM
sorry, but who was the putz who thought that was a logical name for such an action?!?!

Strangely, this was changed from previous versions of iMovie (<= 3) in iMovie 4.

staypuft
09-21-2004, 04:56 PM
I remember it took me aaaages to figure out how to export video from iMovie, simply because I was looking for a menu item called "export", but instead the item was called "share"

Yeah, the "share" name is a little odd... but it doesn't actually export (change) the movie like export does in other applications. It just copies the movie out of the project package contents.

Glad I could help... it's nice to be sombody's hero once in a while ;-)