PDA

View Full Version : basic networking newbie needs help!

funkycfunkydo
09-18-2004, 03:46 PM
I have a G4 eMac and a blueberry clamshell iBook and an original(grey) airport . Before i had the eMac, i was online on the ibook from the airport and on a regular modem on my ancient grey power mac G3. Soon after getting the eMac, I was setting up a computer-to-computer file sharing through the airport and messed it up. I then got DSL with ethernet conection and was hoping i could hook it up the the airport.

Since the airport somehow got messed up before the DSL, the DSL didn't work witht he airport. That was like a year ago and since i've been DSL with the emac and internetlss (sigh) with the ibook. I've finally got around to trying to fix the problem. I don't even know if SBC DSL can go through the airport at full speed. Even if its not DSL, I would stiull like to get online on the ibook.

I was considering getting a new airport but like to avoid it if possible. Any advise would be much appreciated.

I NEED HELP!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

yellow
09-18-2004, 03:55 PM
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106858