PDA

View Full Version : Maya rendering

akajou
08-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Hi,
I downloaded the Maya 5 ple (learning) edition...and yipieee...I can start doing some basic modeling, animation, etc. But the rendered output has a horrible maya logo all over it. I can understand that software protection is necessary, but anything I do is useless in a portfolio or book until I purchase the actual software...and the sock under mattress in empty! Is there any way to render out from the ple edition (using third party software maybe). I am trying to stay legal, but there seems to be no way I can do non-commercial stuff without the (ugly) maya stamp all over it. Any ideas to help me move forwards are much appreciated.

cheers
aka

tlarkin
08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Wow, I didn't even realize there was a version of Maya out for the macintosh. I am not into 3D rendering as much as I used to be several years ago, but I remember it only being able to run on NT systems.

Anyways, if its a LE or trial version of the software there will be no other way to unlock all the features legally with out purchasing the actual software.

blubbernaut
08-06-2004, 09:27 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't even save or export a file, to then be able to render it in some other software package...although it might be worth a look. Maybe you should do some checking on versiontracker.com because I know there are a bunch of modellers/renderers for osx out there, that are shareware. It does mean duplicating your efforts, but you can learn Maya, then re-do it in something else and be able to ad it to your portfolio