PDA

View Full Version : M-audio Delta 410 in a 1.8 G5???

georgeocrawford
07-26-2004, 05:04 AM
Hi,

I currently own a M-Audio Delta 410 sound card, which works very well in both my PC and my 466 MHz G4 Digital Audio.

I am interested in buying a G5 very soon, and am getting more and more confused about the various types of PCI slots.

I see from the G5 specs that the 1.8 G5 has PCI slots, whereas the 2.0 and the 2.5 have PCI-X slots. The question is whether the PCI slots in the 1.8 model (which is the one I would like to buy) would work with my m-audio card or not?

Are the PCI slots in the G5 the same type as in my G4 (i.e. same voltage, etc), or do they work on yet another PCI system?

Can't get any sense from Apple - the guy didn't even know that some G5s had PCI-X slots - and Google brings up a number of slightly contradictory forum posts on the subject.

trevor
07-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Why don't you go to the source and ask M-Audio (http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.contact)?

Trevor

georgeocrawford
07-26-2004, 11:30 AM
I spoke to a very helpful Mac guy at M-audio on the phone today, and he assured me that the card isn't compatible. Oh well - another £200 on the budget then...