PDA

View Full Version : Can't send mail using Mail app and Airport

stashmedia
07-12-2004, 01:11 AM
I've got the latest OS X installed on a G4 Powerbook with Airport card and Snow base station.

I've used my ISP for months (Shaw Cable) with all apps & no problems while hardwired to the cable modem.

Now that I'm using airport, all my apps work fine (FTP, etc.), except for the Apple Mail app. I can receive, but not send. The error is:

The server “shawmail” cannot be contacted on port 25.

When I use the Mail app at my office (hardwired to a static IP), it works perfectly.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

waked1
07-12-2004, 02:00 AM
It looks like the mail server address is incomplete. Should it not be shawmail.shaw.com (or something similar)? If so, you either need to add the suffix to your search domains in the network tab or change the outgoing server address in mail.

stashmedia
07-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks - yes, I set it up that way about 6 months ago, and it worked like a charm when I am harwired to the modem.

This is according to the specs at Shaw (http://support.shaw.ca/emailnews/macintosh.htm).

I'm wondering is there is an Airport setup requirement in the Setup Utility I need to config?

waked1
07-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Is your pop server a shawmail one too, if so, could you have a look and see what the server address for that is in mail (it should be the same).
If it is, then I'm a bit stumped as it wouldn't be a DNS issue of that is the case.