PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Lost Drives Panther

kimdburns
04-05-2004, 09:39 AM
I have a G4 Powerbook (gigabit) that when it was started in OS9 it would not restart in OSX. I tried Disk Warrior but a strange thing has happened.

This powerbook use to have Jaguar on it with 3 partitions. I reformatted the drive with 2 partitions and installed Pather on it about 2 months ago. When I tried DW this morning it sees my old set up with the 3 partitions?

There is quite a bit of very critical data on this machine that had not been backed up from this past weekend. I read about Data Recovery but if I can only start up from the Panther disk or DW how do I use it. How would I use BootCD to make a CD with everything I need?

I have access to several other macs, an external firewire drive and other such peripherals.

By the way, I have tried to zap the pram, firmware and the PMU.

Any help would be would be greatly appreciated. This data that I can not get to is actually due to client today and would take 2-3 days to recreate.

:mad:

edit: I was just reading over my post again and realized that I should say, I was working in OS9 and when I restarted I got the flashing ? and it will not restart in OS9 or OSX at all. Only from the Panther disk or the DW disk. Disk Utility and DW both only see my previous drive(s). This completely baffles me.

mclbruce
04-05-2004, 06:18 PM
What happens if you hold the T key down when you boot? This turns the computer into a Firewire HD. Connect it to another computer that's already running and you may be able to see information from one of the partitions.

freimacosxheit
04-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Have you tried Norton Utilities 6.X and above on OS 9 to rescue data on partitions?