PDA

View Full Version : Converting a dmg image to a format that can be read by non-Mac OSs

GlowingApple
03-19-2004, 03:54 PM
I have a .dmg file that I would like to send to one of my friends who is using a PC. I know that I can convert it to a .cdr image with Disk Util, but I don't know of any apps for PC that will read those. I've tried changing the extension to .iso per any forum I was reading, but the image just appears corrupted to any program that can read iso's. Granted I could always just copy the files out of the .dmg and make a PC readable file, but I would much rather keep the benifits of a .dmg and find a way to convert them on to transfer to the PC side. Does anyone have an ideas how I can do this? The ability to do this with .toast files would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ulrichm
03-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Quantum0726, if you have TOAST you could mount the .dmg and save it away as .iso. That is the only possibility I see. I think there is no real application which can convert .dmg->.iso

trevor
03-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Convert .dmg file to an .iso file (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040121135301830)

By the way, I'm pretty sure that .toast files and .nrg (PC Nero files) are both actually .iso already.

Trevor