PDA

View Full Version : Printing Trouble

Twelve Motion
03-04-2004, 12:13 AM
For some reason I cannot open Print Center or the app that controls printing. It prints fine, but I can't make it stop or modify the queue. What can I do?

trevor
03-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Trash the Print Center prefs file. It is /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/com.apple.print.PrintCenter.plist

Trevor

Twelve Motion
03-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks alot.

And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.

Twelve Motion
03-04-2004, 03:52 PM
I trashed the file, but print center still wont open. I seem to be having alot of this kind of trouble. Should I just reformate the harddrive or what?

trevor
03-04-2004, 05:12 PM
If you want, but that's sort of extreme at this point. Why don't you go through the troubleshooting tips found here (http://forums.osxfaq.com/viewtopic.php?t=7269)?

If nothing there helps, then your next step is to boot to your OS X Install CD and do an "Archive and Install". This will preserve your user settings, but replace the System.

Trevor

Twelve Motion
03-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Wow there is really alot in there. Is there anything your woulr reccomend? Should I zap the p-ram?

trevor
03-04-2004, 05:49 PM
OK, your problems seem to be related to a file on your hard drive, so I'd try:

Log Out/Log In.
Restart computer.
Repair Permissions.
File System Check.
Trash the prefs. (you've already tried this one, but it could be a different prefs file. Look in ~/Library/Preferences for everything beginning with com.apple.print.)
Disable hacks.
Disable Startup Items.
Install the combo updater of your OS.
Clear system and user caches.
Uninstall Recent Software Additions.
Check what your Console says.
Safeboot.

Zapping the PRAM and resetting Open Firmware are probably unrelated, but I've seen them fix the oddest problems, so it wouldn't hurt, too.

Trevor