PDA

View Full Version : setting up imac for airport

chris041067
01-03-2004, 12:33 AM
i have installed my airport card in my imac, and i already have my powebook set up with an airport base station. How do i make it so i can use my imac with the same base station? i tried using the setup assistant to join an existing network but when it asks for the password, i put in the same one i used to create the network on my powerbook and it said its the wrong password. I have also tried other things but it always asks for the base station password and im sure im typing in the right one but it always says its wrong. can anyone help??

mclbruce
01-03-2004, 02:13 AM
You are running OS X on the iMac, right? If so you can connect using Internet Connect. First you must enable Airport in your Network Preferences. To avoid confusion, make a new location in Network Preferences that's Airport only. Uncheck any other connections like Ethernet and Modem. After that you should see your network name in Internet Connect.

If you see the name but still can't connect, use your Powerbook to turn off encryption on the base station and see if you can join then. After that, try adding encryption.

chris041067
01-03-2004, 06:23 PM
ok i managed to find the reset button on the base station and i just made a whole new network so everything is working good now.