PDA

View Full Version : SC Info and /Users/Shared

macmath
11-13-2003, 08:48 AM
On two (out of two) computers with Panther, I have a directory in /Users/Shared called 'SC Info'. Inside this directory is the file 'SC Info.sidb'.

1) I did not create this directory and file.
2) It is not visible in the Finder, only from the Terminal.
3) It is not listed in /.hidden and 'SC Info' does not begin with a dot.

Does anyone else find a ~/Shared/SC\ Info? Does anyone know where it came from, why it is there, and why it is not visible in the Finder, yet visible in Terminal given the above information?

Despite essentially identical installations, this directory was only present on one of these two computers under Jaguar.

yellow
11-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Does this sound familiar?

SuperCollider is an object oriented programming environment for real-time audio and video processing. It is one of the finest and most versatile environments for signal processing and especially for creating music applications of all kinds, such as complete compositions, interactive performances, installations etc. It runs on Macintosh Power PC computers. See the top of SC Basics: System Description, Requirements, Getting Started for a longer description.

http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/13

macmath
11-13-2003, 09:08 AM
No.

I've never installed it and I've never heard of it. Do you have ~/Shared/SC Info?

yellow
11-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Nope.. nothing like that on any machine.

mervTormel
11-13-2003, 12:14 PM
$ file ../Shared/SC\ Info/SC\ Info.sidb
../Shared/SC Info/SC Info.sidb: pfm?

exists here...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=SC+Info.sidb&btnG=Google+Search

big brother

macmath
11-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Ahhh... connected with iTunes authorization.

Thanks, mervTormel.

I guess one should always try Google before asking just about any question.

I also see that I have told the world that I have bought music from the Apple Music Store and that I have authorizations on two computers.

macmath
11-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Oh, and as to the other question:

How can this folder be invisible in the Finder without being listed in /.hidden and without its name beginning with a '.'?

mervTormel
11-13-2003, 01:39 PM
i suspect...

$ /Developer/Tools/setfile -a V /Users/Shared/SC\ Info

of which

$ /Developer/Tools/getfileinfo aDirectory

won't be able to tell you about it

{sigh}

/edit: path finder.app reveals that the dir is, indeed, invisible.

macmath
11-13-2003, 02:00 PM
You are right!

I was able to use '/Developers/Tools/SetFile -a v /Users/Shared/SC\ Info' and '/Developers/Tools/SetFile -a V /Users/Shared/SC\ Info' to make the folder /Users/Share/SC\ Info visible and invisible (I forget which direction was which), although I had to log out and back in again to see the change.

Likewise, as you said, /Developers/Tools/GetFileInfo gave me no information.

Thanks.

mervTormel
11-13-2003, 02:29 PM
i think maybe you only need to relaunch the finder to reflect the cloaking device toggle.