View Full Version : I'd like three things in future versions...
03-15-2002, 05:43 PM
1. A root user id that you can login to via the login screen.
2. The ability in Software Update, to totally abliterate some updates. I don't use airport for example, same with norwegian, cantonese, etc.
3. The option to access your system prefs a lot faster.
03-15-2002, 06:08 PM
1. you can. search the boards for 'enable root' but beware the caveats.
2. you can make update entries inactivate and effectively hide them, right?
3. how much is a lot? do you mean the interface is slow? or just wrong? how often do you have to monkey with sys prefs? most are set and forget
03-15-2002, 07:23 PM
If you make updates inactive, it still pops up an annoying dialog box that says there is inactive updates, would you like to view them (or something to that effect). Sure it's just an extra click or two, but it is really bothersome (it's one of the reason I update everything like European/Japanese print drivers and Airport, even with no use for them) to do everytime you run software update.
By the way crazy_canuck, I believe you mean Detroit Red Wings, not Toronto Maple Leafs ;).
03-23-2002, 05:54 AM
Prefling (http://homepage.mac.com/asagoo/prefling/index.html). It's a dock extra that lists all the System Preferences (now also with added Pref Panes!) so you can go straight to the Prefs you want to access. HTH.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.