PDA

View Full Version : G5 starts in Darwin/BSD

fujmon
10-05-2003, 06:52 AM
After following some instructions on installing a login screen (which involved replacing the Contents folder in MacVolume:System:Library:CoreServices:SecurityAgentPlugins:login.bundle), my mac now boots into Darwin/BSD console mode for login prompt in text mode. I can log in using my account info, navigate around a bit, but how do I get my GUI back??

hayne
10-05-2003, 12:52 PM
How about undoing your change to the login.bundle? You did keep a copy of the original didn't you?

fujmon
10-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Aloha Hayne, yes, I did... I couldn't remember if there was a unix directory copy command or not (cp -R ?), and trying to revert back to the original login.bundle with a command line was cumbersome to say the least. Well, I logged into my G5 using my PBG4, and was able to restore my system to its original condition. I found Visage on VersionTracker, and I will be using this app to do the login and boot screen customizations (albeit without as much latitude of control...

hayne
10-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Well, it's your machine, but if I had a G5, I sure wouldn't be fooling around with system-level modifications. Especially not with shareware apps that have had little experience in dealing with the world of the G5 and its (slightly) modified system software.