PDA

View Full Version : Mac Lion Address Book

Bob5545
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
How do I add an email directly into a group without putting it in the address book first. I want to create some groups quickly where all the emails are not in the address book. I can not figure out how to type an email directly into a group without using an address book entry.

Thanks

NaOH
02-28-2012, 05:07 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to have a group of contacts to which you add an email address. There's no direct way to do that since each contact is handled individually, much like how songs in iTunes are individual tracks which are then added to a playlist.

If what you'd like is to be able to create contacts while simultaneously adding them to an Address Book Group, have a look at the free Cobook (http://www.cobookapp.com). It's a little application that sits in the menu bar and connects to the Address Book, but it does allow you to add contacts to a group as you create them. If you look at the screen shot on the developer page, you'll notice the picture shows a contact with #Customers and #Important. When entering a contact, simply include #GroupName and the contact will be added to the group.