PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mail Lion Picture Attachments

Bob5545
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I do not want to send in the new mail message the actual physical JPG pictures. I want to send a list of files. How do I just send files and not clutter the email with a bunch of pictures. is there anyway just to drag the files into the message like Entourage, and Outlook. I find the Mac Mail program very unusable.

hayne
02-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I think what you are asking about is what is being discussed in this other thread:
http://hintsforums.macworld.com/showthread.php?t=143783

I.e. you are concerned about the images appearing in your copy of the email message before you send it. Don't worry about that - that is just a display mode of Apple Mail.

It is best if you check the box that says to send "Windows-friendly" attachments. I think this is only relevant for older versions of Windows/older versions of the mail programs on Windows, but it doesn't hurt.

You can of course just drag a file onto the message to add it as an attachment. Or you can use the "Attach" toolbar item.

NaOH
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
You can of course just drag a file onto the message to add it as an attachment. Or you can use the "Attach" toolbar item.

Another option is to drag files in the Finder to the Mail icon in the Dock and a new message will be created with the files attached. Similarly, when files are selected in the Finder, using the Finder menu to select Services > New Email With Attachment will do the same. This is probably easiest to use when System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts has been used to assign a shortcut to the command.

chabig
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
From Mail Help:

Include web links in messages
When you create a message, you can include linked text that recipients can click to go directly to a webpage. There are several ways to include web links.

Select the text you want to link, choose Edit > Add Link, and then type a URL for the link.
For example, you might select the text “Go to the Apple website” and enter the URL “www.apple.com” to make the text a link that opens the Apple website when clicked.

Enter or paste a URL into your message.
If the email applications your recipients are using enable links, your recipients can click the link to display the webpage.

From the Safari address bar, drag the small image that precedes a web address into a message.