PDA

View Full Version : Odd Text Dragging Problem

AMCarter3
11-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm switching to Mail from Entourage and I'm running into an odd, frustrating mousing behavior. When I highlight a section of text in a new message and attempt to drag it to a different location, one of three things happens: 1) the text gets COPIED instead of moved; 2) the text gets MOVED to the new location; or 3) NOTHING at all happens.

The last action is the most frustrating because it happens most often. I will highlight a whole sentence and then click on it to drag it, but instead of dragging, the highlight disappears and my cursor is sitting in the middle of the sentence and I have to start over highlighting it again. After maybe 3 tries, the text will finally drag it to where I want it.

This behavior ONLY happens in Apple MAIL. I have experimented with the timing of how long I wait before clicking on the highlighted text, but I'm not sure it matters. I have never seen this kind of mousing behavior in any other application in 25 years as a Macintosh user. Can anyone help with this? Is there some kind of preference that controls mousing behavior in MAIL?

trevor
11-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Does highlighting, then copy/pasting work?

Trevor

hayne
11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
See if this macosxhints article helps:
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20051121074003638