PDA

View Full Version : Running Linux dual boot on iMac

rmcellig
10-13-2010, 05:34 AM
I am running Ubuntu 10.10 dual boot on my iMac. It works well except for two issues. I cannot use the iMac webcam. Doesn't work at all and line in doesn't work either when I try to record from a radio hooked up to the line in jack on my iMac. Works fine in the iMac environment but not in Ubuntu.

Is there anyone out there running Ubuntu dual boot on an iMac where these items work properly? I need to know how to get these working.

SirDice
10-13-2010, 06:16 AM
I suggest asking these Ubuntu specific questions on the Ubuntu forums.

rmcellig
10-13-2010, 06:45 AM
I already posted to a couple of Linux/Ubuntu forums. I just thought that someone here might have had the same experience I had.

agentx
10-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Ubuntu forum for Intel Mac Users

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Intel_iMac

leamanc
10-13-2010, 06:23 PM
The Ubuntu help page linked to above should provide you with the answers you need.

Most important will be adding the MacTel PPA repository to your sources. Once this is done, you can go to Ubuntu Software Center, click on the MacTel PPA, and see a whole list of drivers for MacTel hardware, including one for your iSight webcam, one to fix audio in/out issues, etc.

The Ubuntu forums are legendary for being very helpful, so I would be surprised if you can't get additional help there. But the page linked above is a great place to start for running Ubuntu on Intel Macs.