PDA

View Full Version : protecting files from iphoto and itunes

valdesan
12-20-2009, 12:25 AM
I have a fairly extended iphoto and itunes library also have a toodler that likes to look at pictures and listhen to music and bang the keyboard keys and play with the mouse.
I have seen how accidentally both music and pictures end up in the trash, not sure why but I suspect he drags them to the trash and presses delete. Is there any easy way to procect this from happening? besides obviously not letting him near the computer?

fracai
12-20-2009, 03:08 PM
A separate user account for "untrustworthy" users. Make copies of anything that you want to be available to such users. Or keep a backup that is not available to those users.

styrafome
12-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Is this when the toddler is supposed to be playing with his own games, or when he's not supposed to be at the computer at all?

If it's when he's using it, make an account for him and only let him use the computer when logged into that account. If he isn't supposed to use the computer at all, what you probably should do is take advantage of the password protection on the screen saver and set the screen saver to a very short duration before it kicks in. That reduces the chance that he can do anything when randomly walking up to the computer during idle time.