PDA

View Full Version : Toast Titanium 5.2.1 update

vfrpilot
03-25-2003, 07:48 AM
Anyone have any feedback (on this update) - I need to check before I endure the 21 meg dialup download.

I use Toast on a regular basis & notice in the narrative there is added support for VCD burning - which I DO. However, I addressed this [VCD burning] issue in a previous post - & it turned out, or "appeared" that it was just a MENU issue. Is this still the case - Did Roxio simply redefine a MENU?

The reviews on Version Tracker moan & gripe about the Help system....

Thanks people.

thatch
03-25-2003, 03:53 PM
I too am awaiting some other feedback on this update. I can tell you that the .sit file downloaded through IE was only 16 MB and the expanded file is only 136 bytes, the same as was for 5.2 update, which I think means it is a web based installer. I just hope it doesn't require an OS 9.x installation of Toast to be present for the update. It's been a while since the last update and I can't remember if that was the case for 5.2 but I know it was in some even older updates.

djn1
03-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by thatch
I can tell you that the .sit file downloaded through IE was only 16 MB and the expanded file is only 136 bytes ... which I think means it is a web based installer
On my machine the expanded file is 16.4MB (which means that your copy is about 17,247,810 bytes short of my copy) - I suspect that your version may be corrupt and is almost certainly incomplete. However, I haven't installed it either so can't offer any other comments.

aubreyapple
03-25-2003, 04:20 PM
This update version was posted on MacUpdate sometime back (March 3?) I have been using it since with no problems. However, I note that this version is 'smaller' than the one which was briefly available from Roxio earlier. I have not yet determined the difference so am holding both versions pending proof or figuring out precisely what was the difference.

mervTormel
03-25-2003, 04:24 PM
$ du -hs xdowns/Toast\ Titanium\ 5.2.1\ Updater/
17M xdowns/Toast Titanium 5.2.1 Updater

installed fine here.

can't comment on the VCD issue.

thatch
03-25-2003, 04:31 PM
djn1,

Nah, I doubt my copy is corrupted. I just reported the approximate size as told by using terminal and the -h switch in ls. But the finder reports the same round 16 MB size as well so who knows. It wouldn't be a big deal to download again if it was corrupted.

djn1
03-25-2003, 04:35 PM
djn1,

Nah, I doubt my copy is corrupted. I just reported the approximate size as told by using terminal and the -h switch in ls. But the finder reports the same round 16 MB size as well so who knows. It wouldn't be a big deal to download again if it was corrupted.
There's a major difference between 136 bytes and 16MB - I'm confused :(

mervTormel
03-25-2003, 04:39 PM
the updater is a package/dir of files...

$ ll xdowns/Toast\ Titanium\ 5.2.1\ Updater/ -d
drwxr-xr-x 4 merv wheel 136 Feb 13 17:23 xdowns/Toast Titanium 5.2.1 Updater//

thatch
03-25-2003, 04:42 PM
djn1,

Also, as I mentioned before, the 5.2 update measured the same after expansion and installed without a hitch.

djn1
03-25-2003, 04:47 PM
djn1,

Also, as I mentioned before, the 5.2 update measured the same after expansion and installed without a hitch.
Fair enough :D

thatch
03-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Yup, just installed 5.2.1 without any problem.

On another note though, IIRC, back with the 5.2 update we had a problem with the VCD file whereby it was causing some strange terminal.app behavior. It could have been related to Quicktime as well. I could search the forum here and find it. But the bottom line is that I hope we don't have that problem now with the newer update.