PDA

View Full Version : EyeTV video format - Editing

warragul
08-17-2009, 02:10 AM
I've recorded a free-to-air program and I'd like to join the two halves of the recording (my fault). Inside the .eyetv containers is a ".mpg" file but quicktime doesn't recognise it. So I can't drop the files into iMovie.
VisualHub will convert/join the files to .mp4 but I get a file that is 86Gig instead of about 7Gig. Besides which, VisualHub complains that it doesn't like the first part, which EyeTV plays perfectly, and truncates it from 1.8Gig to 275Megs.
I'd like to show the program to my grandsons when the visit next, which is why I recorded it in the first place. Looks like there's going to be an intermission. :)
Is there a program that handles the EyeTV mpgs so I can remove the stuff I shouldn't have recorded and join the two parts together?

EatsWithFingers
08-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Is there a program that handles the EyeTV mpgs so I can remove the stuff I shouldn't have recorded and join the two parts together?
You could try MPEG Streamclip (http://www.squared5.com/) - it's usually pretty good for that sort of thing.

agentx
08-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Have you got Perian installed ?
it can help playback mpg2 which is more than likely what eye TV is recording the video as.

You can also buy and install the quicktime MPEG2 component from Apple. Which can allow playback of these muxed files.