PDA

View Full Version : gcc_select 4. errors

amrphoto1
08-06-2009, 03:38 AM
When I try to select gcc 4.0.1 using the command "gcc_select 4." or "gcc_select 4.0.1" I get the following errors. I have tried deleting my developer folder and reinstalling Xcode 2.5 (I'm running OS 10.4.11), but it doesn't change the problem. Any suggestions?

The following is missing from your gcc 4. compiler installation.
Reinstall the 4. compiler, or use another release.
/usr/bin/gcc-4.
/usr/bin/g++-4.
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/4./stdint.h
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/4./
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/4./float.h
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/4./stdarg.h
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/4./stdbool.h
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/4./varargs.h
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/4./

hayne
08-06-2009, 08:39 AM
If I recall correctly (gcc_select no longer exists with Xcode 3.x), gcc_select was a shell script - so you could look at the script and see what is going wrong.

But do you have the files mentioned in the error message?

Have you installed another version of gcc ? (manually, i.e. outside of the Xcode installer)

dmacks
08-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Your first attempt has a typo: should be "gcc_select 4" not "gcc_select 4." (i.e., no trailing period). You can look at the output of the command you tried and see how it behaved, and then "ls /usr/bin/gcc*" to see what makes sense to try.

amrphoto1
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
dmacks: Your first attempt has a typo: should be "gcc_select 4" not "gcc_select 4." (i.e., no trailing period).

No...the command specifically requests the period (.)

But, I just realized that doing "gcc_select 4.0" tells me that I am using that version, without error.

I guess my next question is how do I upgrade my gcc 4.0 to gcc 4.0.1, which is necessary for building a piece of software that I am trying to compile?

Thanks!