PDA

View Full Version : Firefox problem - sending me to search site at random!

GNaomiM
07-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Fire Fox keeps sending me to "mywebsearch.com" at random times! I could be checking my email and after clicking a link for the next new email, I get booted to that site. Sometimes it happens on Facebook or when I'm trying to access my GMail from the main page. The links aren't broken, they're often links from big companies and after clicking them several times or closing the browser/tab and starting over, they work just fine.

I think it's a spyware issue; some kind of trojan or something that boots me to it's pre-programed web site whenever it "feels like it." The problem is though that I can't find the Firefox app I used to use on my PC to clear up such issues and well, I'm just more familiar with PC. I am still learning MAC.

Please help! I'm getting tired of constantly being redirected to this stupid "mywebsearch" page! :confused:

trevor
07-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Perhaps you have this (http://www.google.com/search?q=dnschanger+trojan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) trojan horse installed?

Trevor